On Saturday, October 4, 2014, art professionals, mani Olu and Larry Ossei-Mensah, will host the back to school edition of The Rules: How to Play the Art Game without Sacrificing Artistic Integrity at KX–L x miLES, located at 103 Allen Street (corner of Delancey and Broome) from 10a.m. to 4p.m.
*Use this code to receive a 15% discount: humble
This course is for artists of all levels and disciplines who:
- Have trouble finding time to invest in their practice due to work, family, lack of motivation, etc.
- Are preparing for future projects and want to learn how to best maximize these opportunities
- Feel powerless, directionless and confused about their practice
- Seek mentorship, guidance and structure
- Are ready to quit NYC
Using an interactive workbook, artists will leave the course knowing how to:
- Clearly define their values and artistic practice with confidence
- Market their work in a respectable, non-alienating manner
- Maximize studio visits
- Build support for their work and a community for their ideas
- “Do business” without doing business
Each participant will leave with a SAFE (Systematic Approaches for Everyone) Plan Workbook, an 18-page document that helps artists organize and chart their goals in 3, 6, 9 and 12-month increments.
Read an article about the course here: http://bit.ly/1iZUKDK
The Rules… Back to School Edition
Saturday, October 4th, 2014, 10a.m. – 4p.m.
Featuring a special guest speaker
KX-L x miLES Popup Launchpad for Artists + Designers
103 Allen Street @ Delancey Street, Lower East Side, New York
Trains: J to Bowery / D to Grand Street / F to Delancey Street
$125 for individuals
$200 for two people
Space is very limited. Register today.